SEVEN BLESSINGS, Guest!  
MY CONTROLS        NEW SCROLLS      ALERTS ()
ABANDON          
EST

members

Staff
-

Links
-

Updates
-

NEW SKIN
March 10, 2018
EPISODE 1
March 8, 2018
FACTIONS
Feb 4, 2018
PREMIUM
Feb 1, 2018

Welcome
-

BtW is a new premium + intermediate Game of Thrones AU taking place immediately after the end of Season 7. From there, we are diverging off to create our very own Season 8 and beyond, one episode at a time.
We allow both canons and OCs and have no post count. Find out more about us in our Directory.

Add Reply
New Poll

Information, general information and DA RULEZ

Jan 6 2018, 05:05 PM

WELCOME! BtW is a new premium + intermediate Game of Thrones AU taking place immediately after the end of Season 7. From there, we are diverging off to create our very own Season 8 and beyond, one episode at a time. Continue on below if this sounds like it's up your alley, and never forget to ask questions when you need!

WELCOME! BtW is a new premium + intermediate Game of Thrones AU taking place immediately after the end of Season 7. From there, we are diverging off to create our very own Season 8 and beyond, one episode at a time. Continue on below if this sounds like it's up your alley, and never forget to ask questions when you need!

Jan 8 2018, 03:24 PM

i'm not going to stop the wheel, i'm going to
break the wheel

YAAAAAAAAY. i'm glad the internet has brought us together. isn't it beautiful? now that we have you here, you should read about us!

first and foremost, hello chaps, my name's Jam and i'm the powerful ruling overlord of this entire site. be friends with me. i'm the sole admin here nurturing this baby onto its feet. i've created this site first and foremost for the enjoyment of all people who are interested to stick around, and that means i'd really like my members to feel at home. because of this, i think you will find this site to be a rather open one from an administrative standpoint. i will treat all members like my sweet summer children and consider this website as a hub to have fun roleplaying, make friends and meme around. as a result, i have only two hardline rules ( banhammer-worthy offenses)!

i. respect me, your fellow members, and any guests. please come to me immediately if you are being harassed or bullied by a member. this will not be tolerated.

ii.we are premium, and a 3-3-3 rated site. we allow all adult content and therefore have to ask that members are 18+

are you still here? great! here's the rest of the site information. :3

How do I sign up?

please sign up with a primary ooc personal account. this may be a little different to what you're used to, but this is the account you will use to post from in any non-roleplay forums. please then sign up and link any character accounts to this primary ooc account. for character accounts, please register with their first and last name.

to link an account, make sure you are first logged into your ooc account, then navigate to my controls > find the header titled personal profile > edit sub accounts > enter the username and password for your character account. you will now be able to switch freely between your ooc and character accounts by clicking "switch account" in the navigation bar.

Why do you not use capitalized letters when typing casually?

banned.

Quality requirement and word count

there is no word count here, but please do try to be considerate of your partner. as for a quality requirement, we have none for OCs, therefore the only reason an OC may be pended or rejected is if their character is unfitting to the world ( sorry homie, no targaryens with lazer beam dragons ).

however, the quality standards will fluxuate depending on which canon character you are applying for. for example, main characters like jon snow, daenarys targaryen, etc, will be looked over with a finer magnifying glass than characters like meryn traunt, for example.

Applications

canon characters will stay reserved for two weeks, if the application is still unfinished, it will be archived. if you're not done because you just need an extension, please come talk to me personally, otherwise i will assume you're gone and i will archive then re-open your character for availability. the same applies to OC characters.

any applicants who have been rejected for a canon character may resubmit an application for that character after a 2 week waiting period, or they may apply for a different open character or submit an OC application.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** take a look at our LIVE WORLD MAP, really pay attention to the other characters we have on our site and try to make sure you are picking a character that you will know how to jump in to RP with. for instance, for your first character, really try avoiding signing up a character that is heavily dependent on only one other character, as it will limit your opportunity for interactions on the site ( unless you're willing to get creative! ). at least make sure that one of your characters is able to form multiple relationships with other characters already existing, or you may find yourself needlessly stuck!

OC characters

there are almost zero limits to OC characters so long as they fit within the world they inhabit. please be mindful of the game of thrones setting as you are creating your character, no light sabers plz. i will be more concerned with plausibility than quality of writing when looking over an OC application, so keep that in mind! Small OC houses are allowed as well.

OCs from the great houses must be bastard characters. no legitimate OC characters will be allowed from these houses, as it could easily upset the chain of events of the main storyline. members interested in creating a bastard child of from a Great House will need to first be an active member of the site for 4 weeks, and will only be able to apply as the bastard child of a character that already exists on the site, along with the player's permission. this is to ensure that Jaime Lannister, for example, doesn't have 3 bastard children before a Jaime Lannister is even signed up-- given that the player might not envision that for their rendition of the character. do not be too shy to deny the request if you are approached by another member for permission to create a bastard child from your canon! only three bastard children per Great House canon will be allowed.

Book characters

this site is show based, and with that in mind i would like to stress that i would heavily prefer that we keep our canon characters to the ones who've been featured in the television show. however, there are certainly many cases where a book character existing in this roleplay would not have affected the show's plotline very heavily, and i will allow some of these characters to be signed up. if there is a book character that you would like to play that you feel would not have had a tremendous effect on the storyline, please come talk to me individually. i will most likely have questions for you given that i have not read the books, but will try to make the most informed decision i can.

Multiple characters

your first two canon characters are free, however any subsequent characters can only be made after 10 IC posts have been made with previous two characters combined. there is no character limit, but you must be active with all characters you decide to take on. please do not apply to take 2 or more characters who are nuclear family or in an otherwise very close relationship. for example, if you play cersei, you will not be able to apply for tyrion, jaime, or tywin. this is to ensure the most interaction is possible between members.

Dead Characters

as a result of our primary setting taking place in season 7, there may be canon characters that sadly have met their demise. any characters that are canonly considered dead in season 7 may still be applied for and roleplayed in the Rewind section, a section that will allow members to roleplay in any setting from seasons 1-7. currently living characters will be able to roleplay in both the Rewind and primary boards, but the Rewind-only characters will be restricted to the Rewind as well as the AU section. The roleplays that take place in the Rewind section may be considered canon for all characters involved unless it seriously disrupts the events of the following seasons-- if that's the case, consider it a fun non-canon AU roleplay!

Special Abilities OCs

It would be preferable to keep wargs, greenseers, and other special abilities within the canon characters only. However, we will allow a special ability OC to be created after you have 10 IC posts with your first character ( or first two characters combined ).

Seasons, Episodes, and Scenes

There is a section of our site for optional roleplays that are centered around our site wide Seasons and Episodes. We will be moving through episodes chronologically, starting with Episode 1 of Season 8 ( as our site takes place directly after the last episode of season 7 in Game of Thrones. ) Each episode will have Scenes associated with it, a Scene for our site will be similar to a group roleplay mission, with a singular goal and post cut off limit. When Scenes are cut off, the storyline can either be wrapped up by the group members off screen or they may continue the storyline's Scene in the next episode. For each episode, there will be at least one Scene for each faction of our site. Episodes will only be considered "Wrapped up" when each of the Scenes for that episode have been completed. Once they have been completed, the Episode will be titled and moved to the Episode Guide where members may read about the episode in the future. Once Episode 1 has been wrapped up, Episode 2 will start with new Scenes, and we will continue through episodes until a full Season is complete and we move onto the next Season. All actions taken will be considered 100% canon for our global site, but participation in the Episodes is totally optional. You can read more about the Seasons and Episodes in their own section.

Plotting

you know that awesome feeling you get when you log in and find that other members have posted in your plotter? well guess what, you're not alone! other people love it too, so don't be too shy to post in other plotters! i'd love to foster a community of people who take the initiative to approach their fellow members, and you may even receive a cool trophy for it! however, we also have several other avenues that make it easier for members to reach out to each other and break the ice, and this includes inbox prompts where you can set up a thread to send silly or serious prompts to other character's inboxes and have them sent to yours to respond to in a one-off post, Episodes where you may sign up and take part in the site Seasons and Episodes, and roleplay roulette where you may be paired up randomly with another member of the site to roleplay. All of these activities are open and i encourage you to take part in any or all of them, especially if you are a new member! you may find the inbox prompts in their own section, the Episodes within the Seasons & Episodes forum and the roleplay roulette pinned inside the plotter forum. go forth!

Member groups

we have two sets of member groups. one is the main member group which depends on your character's background and can only be changed by request of an admin. please include your character's member group on your application and your character will be automatically sorted into the correct group on acceptance.

Royal - For kings, queens, princes and princesses
Highborn - A Lord or Lady
Knight - An honorable rank given to warriors by royalty
Warrior - A member of an army who is often a guard/common soldier.
Commoner - The average member of the kingdom.
Wildling - The men and women who hail from beyond the wall.
Dothraki - Tribal men and women who hail from Essos.
Unsullied - A member of the unsullied army.
Rewind- Any character who is canonly considered dead

The second set of member groups are able to be changed by the members themselves in the My Controls section. This member group will determine which faction your character is allied to, and will correspond with the Scenes ( missions within a single episode ) your character is able to join. For example, Cersei allied characters will be able to sign up for Cersei allied Scenes. There also may be Scenes where two factions may interact or confront each other, these mix Scenes will be available to be signed up by two opposing factions, for example. Your character may change sides at any time for any reason, but remember that the longer your character stays in a particular faction, it may be harder in character interactions to earn the trust of a new side, likewise for characters that switch often!

Our current factions are as follows ( and subject to change as the plot continue ):

Jon Snow - These are the men and women specifically allied and loyal to Jon Snow. These may include any men in the Night's Watch, some wildlings, warriors, and any other men and women that choose so.

Daenerys - These are the men and women specifically allied and loyal to Daenerys Targaryen. These may include any Dothraki, Unsullied, and anyone else who've decided to join her.

Cersei - Anyone allied to the Crown will belong to this group, this may include Knights living in King's Landing, some commoners, and some houses in the South.

Independent - Characters who have not been swayed to a particular side may remain independent, but may be treated with caution and distrust IC if they are swinging from faction to faction. These characters may take part in any Scene.

Activity

yas queen. characters who are left sitting inactive for 3 weeks will earn the watchful eye of yours truly, and i will approach you about it. if i don't hear from you for an additional week, then the character will be archived and re-opened for availability. if you are around, then you will have that fourth week to either bring the character back active or place a notice in the absence section, if you fail to do either of these two then the character will be archived. any characters that have not made two ic posts within a 3 week timeframe will be considered inactive. if you are going on vacation, or something else in life has come up ( you don't have to give specifics ) please post a topic in the absences board and just let us know a general estimated timeframe for how long you will be gone.

members who are deemed inactive and archived are always welcome to apply back!

What happens if i join as a character who already existed and then quit?

our site Episodes are globally canon, therefore any actions taken during the Episode by canon characters will continue to be canon even after that player quits and a new player takes their place. you may read the Episode Guide to find the events of the past Episodes, if you are still unclear about your character's past actions in Episodes, feel free to ask staff or members! HOWEVER, all rps on the site that take place OUTSIDE of a Episodes will be canon for the current players only. for example, if i'm playing sandor with another player who plays arya, and we have several threads on the main forum, all of our interactions will be canon on the site UNTIL one of us quits. if arya's player quits, and a new player takes her place, i will need to reach out to that player to talk over any past major events between the two characters if i want to keep those interactions canon, otherwise they will be considered null and void. HOWEVER, if sandor and arya interacted in any way during a Scene from an Episode, that will continue to be canon no matter how many different players come and go as arya. this is a huge contributing factor to why major Canon apps will be looked over with a fine tooth comb than OCs or minor canons.

How are canons who aren't taken yet handled?

if an Episode requires an action by a canon character in order to advance the plot, their actions or decisions will be controlled as an NPC by staff until they are taken by a player. otherwise, canon characters will not be touched until they are taken by a player.

I have a suggestion to make the site better, what should I do?

um. dope. come talk to me.
i'm not going to stop the wheel, i'm going to
break the wheel

YAAAAAAAAY. i'm glad the internet has brought us together. isn't it beautiful? now that we have you here, you should read about us!

first and foremost, hello chaps, my name's Jam and i'm the powerful ruling overlord of this entire site. be friends with me. i'm the sole admin here nurturing this baby onto its feet. i've created this site first and foremost for the enjoyment of all people who are interested to stick around, and that means i'd really like my members to feel at home. because of this, i think you will find this site to be a rather open one from an administrative standpoint. i will treat all members like my sweet summer children and consider this website as a hub to have fun roleplaying, make friends and meme around. as a result, i have only two hardline rules ( banhammer-worthy offenses)!

i. respect me, your fellow members, and any guests. please come to me immediately if you are being harassed or bullied by a member. this will not be tolerated.

ii.we are premium, and a 3-3-3 rated site. we allow all adult content and therefore have to ask that members are 18+

are you still here? great! here's the rest of the site information. :3

How do I sign up?

please sign up with a primary ooc personal account. this may be a little different to what you're used to, but this is the account you will use to post from in any non-roleplay forums. please then sign up and link any character accounts to this primary ooc account. for character accounts, please register with their first and last name.

to link an account, make sure you are first logged into your ooc account, then navigate to my controls > find the header titled personal profile > edit sub accounts > enter the username and password for your character account. you will now be able to switch freely between your ooc and character accounts by clicking "switch account" in the navigation bar.

Why do you not use capitalized letters when typing casually?

banned.

Quality requirement and word count

there is no word count here, but please do try to be considerate of your partner. as for a quality requirement, we have none for OCs, therefore the only reason an OC may be pended or rejected is if their character is unfitting to the world ( sorry homie, no targaryens with lazer beam dragons ).

however, the quality standards will fluxuate depending on which canon character you are applying for. for example, main characters like jon snow, daenarys targaryen, etc, will be looked over with a finer magnifying glass than characters like meryn traunt, for example.

Applications

canon characters will stay reserved for two weeks, if the application is still unfinished, it will be archived. if you're not done because you just need an extension, please come talk to me personally, otherwise i will assume you're gone and i will archive then re-open your character for availability. the same applies to OC characters.

any applicants who have been rejected for a canon character may resubmit an application for that character after a 2 week waiting period, or they may apply for a different open character or submit an OC application.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** take a look at our LIVE WORLD MAP, really pay attention to the other characters we have on our site and try to make sure you are picking a character that you will know how to jump in to RP with. for instance, for your first character, really try avoiding signing up a character that is heavily dependent on only one other character, as it will limit your opportunity for interactions on the site ( unless you're willing to get creative! ). at least make sure that one of your characters is able to form multiple relationships with other characters already existing, or you may find yourself needlessly stuck!

OC characters

there are almost zero limits to OC characters so long as they fit within the world they inhabit. please be mindful of the game of thrones setting as you are creating your character, no light sabers plz. i will be more concerned with plausibility than quality of writing when looking over an OC application, so keep that in mind! Small OC houses are allowed as well.

OCs from the great houses must be bastard characters. no legitimate OC characters will be allowed from these houses, as it could easily upset the chain of events of the main storyline. members interested in creating a bastard child of from a Great House will need to first be an active member of the site for 4 weeks, and will only be able to apply as the bastard child of a character that already exists on the site, along with the player's permission. this is to ensure that Jaime Lannister, for example, doesn't have 3 bastard children before a Jaime Lannister is even signed up-- given that the player might not envision that for their rendition of the character. do not be too shy to deny the request if you are approached by another member for permission to create a bastard child from your canon! only three bastard children per Great House canon will be allowed.

Book characters

this site is show based, and with that in mind i would like to stress that i would heavily prefer that we keep our canon characters to the ones who've been featured in the television show. however, there are certainly many cases where a book character existing in this roleplay would not have affected the show's plotline very heavily, and i will allow some of these characters to be signed up. if there is a book character that you would like to play that you feel would not have had a tremendous effect on the storyline, please come talk to me individually. i will most likely have questions for you given that i have not read the books, but will try to make the most informed decision i can.

Multiple characters

your first two canon characters are free, however any subsequent characters can only be made after 10 IC posts have been made with previous two characters combined. there is no character limit, but you must be active with all characters you decide to take on. please do not apply to take 2 or more characters who are nuclear family or in an otherwise very close relationship. for example, if you play cersei, you will not be able to apply for tyrion, jaime, or tywin. this is to ensure the most interaction is possible between members.

Dead Characters

as a result of our primary setting taking place in season 7, there may be canon characters that sadly have met their demise. any characters that are canonly considered dead in season 7 may still be applied for and roleplayed in the Rewind section, a section that will allow members to roleplay in any setting from seasons 1-7. currently living characters will be able to roleplay in both the Rewind and primary boards, but the Rewind-only characters will be restricted to the Rewind as well as the AU section. The roleplays that take place in the Rewind section may be considered canon for all characters involved unless it seriously disrupts the events of the following seasons-- if that's the case, consider it a fun non-canon AU roleplay!

Special Abilities OCs

It would be preferable to keep wargs, greenseers, and other special abilities within the canon characters only. However, we will allow a special ability OC to be created after you have 10 IC posts with your first character ( or first two characters combined ).

Seasons, Episodes, and Scenes

There is a section of our site for optional roleplays that are centered around our site wide Seasons and Episodes. We will be moving through episodes chronologically, starting with Episode 1 of Season 8 ( as our site takes place directly after the last episode of season 7 in Game of Thrones. ) Each episode will have Scenes associated with it, a Scene for our site will be similar to a group roleplay mission, with a singular goal and post cut off limit. When Scenes are cut off, the storyline can either be wrapped up by the group members off screen or they may continue the storyline's Scene in the next episode. For each episode, there will be at least one Scene for each faction of our site. Episodes will only be considered "Wrapped up" when each of the Scenes for that episode have been completed. Once they have been completed, the Episode will be titled and moved to the Episode Guide where members may read about the episode in the future. Once Episode 1 has been wrapped up, Episode 2 will start with new Scenes, and we will continue through episodes until a full Season is complete and we move onto the next Season. All actions taken will be considered 100% canon for our global site, but participation in the Episodes is totally optional. You can read more about the Seasons and Episodes in their own section.

Plotting

you know that awesome feeling you get when you log in and find that other members have posted in your plotter? well guess what, you're not alone! other people love it too, so don't be too shy to post in other plotters! i'd love to foster a community of people who take the initiative to approach their fellow members, and you may even receive a cool trophy for it! however, we also have several other avenues that make it easier for members to reach out to each other and break the ice, and this includes inbox prompts where you can set up a thread to send silly or serious prompts to other character's inboxes and have them sent to yours to respond to in a one-off post, Episodes where you may sign up and take part in the site Seasons and Episodes, and roleplay roulette where you may be paired up randomly with another member of the site to roleplay. All of these activities are open and i encourage you to take part in any or all of them, especially if you are a new member! you may find the inbox prompts in their own section, the Episodes within the Seasons & Episodes forum and the roleplay roulette pinned inside the plotter forum. go forth!

Member groups

we have two sets of member groups. one is the main member group which depends on your character's background and can only be changed by request of an admin. please include your character's member group on your application and your character will be automatically sorted into the correct group on acceptance.

Royal - For kings, queens, princes and princesses
Highborn - A Lord or Lady
Knight - An honorable rank given to warriors by royalty
Warrior - A member of an army who is often a guard/common soldier.
Commoner - The average member of the kingdom.
Wildling - The men and women who hail from beyond the wall.
Dothraki - Tribal men and women who hail from Essos.
Unsullied - A member of the unsullied army.
Rewind- Any character who is canonly considered dead

The second set of member groups are able to be changed by the members themselves in the My Controls section. This member group will determine which faction your character is allied to, and will correspond with the Scenes ( missions within a single episode ) your character is able to join. For example, Cersei allied characters will be able to sign up for Cersei allied Scenes. There also may be Scenes where two factions may interact or confront each other, these mix Scenes will be available to be signed up by two opposing factions, for example. Your character may change sides at any time for any reason, but remember that the longer your character stays in a particular faction, it may be harder in character interactions to earn the trust of a new side, likewise for characters that switch often!

Our current factions are as follows ( and subject to change as the plot continue ):

Jon Snow - These are the men and women specifically allied and loyal to Jon Snow. These may include any men in the Night's Watch, some wildlings, warriors, and any other men and women that choose so.

Daenerys - These are the men and women specifically allied and loyal to Daenerys Targaryen. These may include any Dothraki, Unsullied, and anyone else who've decided to join her.

Cersei - Anyone allied to the Crown will belong to this group, this may include Knights living in King's Landing, some commoners, and some houses in the South.

Independent - Characters who have not been swayed to a particular side may remain independent, but may be treated with caution and distrust IC if they are swinging from faction to faction. These characters may take part in any Scene.

Activity

yas queen. characters who are left sitting inactive for 3 weeks will earn the watchful eye of yours truly, and i will approach you about it. if i don't hear from you for an additional week, then the character will be archived and re-opened for availability. if you are around, then you will have that fourth week to either bring the character back active or place a notice in the absence section, if you fail to do either of these two then the character will be archived. any characters that have not made two ic posts within a 3 week timeframe will be considered inactive. if you are going on vacation, or something else in life has come up ( you don't have to give specifics ) please post a topic in the absences board and just let us know a general estimated timeframe for how long you will be gone.

members who are deemed inactive and archived are always welcome to apply back!

What happens if i join as a character who already existed and then quit?

our site Episodes are globally canon, therefore any actions taken during the Episode by canon characters will continue to be canon even after that player quits and a new player takes their place. you may read the Episode Guide to find the events of the past Episodes, if you are still unclear about your character's past actions in Episodes, feel free to ask staff or members! HOWEVER, all rps on the site that take place OUTSIDE of a Episodes will be canon for the current players only. for example, if i'm playing sandor with another player who plays arya, and we have several threads on the main forum, all of our interactions will be canon on the site UNTIL one of us quits. if arya's player quits, and a new player takes her place, i will need to reach out to that player to talk over any past major events between the two characters if i want to keep those interactions canon, otherwise they will be considered null and void. HOWEVER, if sandor and arya interacted in any way during a Scene from an Episode, that will continue to be canon no matter how many different players come and go as arya. this is a huge contributing factor to why major Canon apps will be looked over with a fine tooth comb than OCs or minor canons.

How are canons who aren't taken yet handled?

if an Episode requires an action by a canon character in order to advance the plot, their actions or decisions will be controlled as an NPC by staff until they are taken by a player. otherwise, canon characters will not be touched until they are taken by a player.

I have a suggestion to make the site better, what should I do?

um. dope. come talk to me.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll